At the University of British Columbia, I am looking for enthusiastic, disciplined, and collegial graduate students in Ph.D. in Forestry or Master of Science in Forestry. Key topics, skills, and research interests include:
- Effective monitoring of urban parks and forests usage
- Overall research question: How can we monitor and predict the usage patterns of an urban forest in a reliable and efficient way?
- Skills/interests needed: digital technology (sensors, drones, etc.), computer programming (python, R, SQL, etc.), machine learning algorithms, observational research
- Role of urban forestry in urban developments
- Overall research question: What are the role and impacts of urban forestry design and planning in sustainable urban developments?
- Skills/interests needed: urban planning and design, mixed-methods research (case studies, quasi-experiments, statistical analysis)
- Access to urban parks and forests of varying sizes and forms
- Overall research question: How do we connect low-mobility population with different sizes and types of urban parks and forests?
- Skills/interests needed: GIS, statistics, multidisciplinary interests (forest management, environmental justice, urban design and planning, transportation, etc.)
If interested, please send a brief letter of interest (including your CV) to me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Any questions are welcome.